Thursday, April 12, 2012

Don't Look !

Greetings and good night i wish to all bloggers and stalkers. tonight, i have a not-so-cool topic which is...

DON'T LOOK AT 'EM !

What the heww with that?
Let's see a story from a girl named Jane. (not me)
I was walking with joy one day, that time I was a sale assistance in Cosway Bandar Tasik Puteri. I went to a tavern (drinking shop) to buy a tiramisu bubble tea (yummy yummy!) . Few steps before the feet reach the tavern, i was greeted by a man's voice. As i turned back, i saw two young men, riding on their motorbike and each of them wearing kopiah. They're young, and seemed that they just finished their activity in the Musolla. I was like "Wow! so calm to see them. Do they have Nur on their faces?" They're looking at me and one of them was smiling. I just realized that i blocked their pass-way. So that time i was TOTALLY GET RED IN THE FACE for that few seconds moment. Slap on my face for being in chimera while walking. -.-"

This is how weak a woman or a girl is. Including me. It was really hard for me to lower my gaze, as I was not used to. But i must. Everyone must. It's difficult for the newbie, but we must always try as much as we can, aren't we? I really uneasy with this title, but at least this would be one of my reminder. insyaAllah. 

It was narrated that Jarir ibn `Abdullah said: “I asked the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) about an accidental glance, and he commanded me to avert my gaze.” (Muslim) Imam An-Nawawi said: "What is meant by an “accidental glance” is when a person’s glance unintentionally falls upon a non-mahram woman. There is no sin on him for the first glance, but he must avert his gaze immediately. If he averts his gaze immediately there is no sin on him, but if he continues looking, then he will be a sinner, because of this hadith, for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) commanded him to avert his gaze, and Allah says: “Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)” 
(An-Nur: 30)

Lower our gaze is better than looking at the handsome, cute, charming guys. Yeah, true that. But nature of world which people like to see at the beautiful things or human is inevitable. So, depends on each of us whether to proceed our previous lifestyle or to change for ALLAH. I may do this or may not, I'm hoping for a change coz i already have many sins to be reduced. Only He knows. Wallahu'alam. 


O self. please change for Allah, Rasulullah s.a.w., and your husband-to-be. 

No comments: